1. What is Tudor/LIST?
TIPA has been developed by the Public Research Centre Henri Tudor in Luxembourg from 2003 to 2014. Tudor was merged into a new research and technology organization early 2015: the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST). Since 2015, TIPA is a trade mark of LIST.
2. How TIPA adds value for an organization interested in assessing IT processes?
Today, IT processes form an essential part of the infrastructure of most companies—who rely on them as a base for everyday operations. By assessing the state of their IT processes and their readiness to cope with challenging situations, TIPA for ITIL® provides vital support to companies across the globe.
As a flexible assessment solution, which can be adapted to a company of any size, TIPA for ITIL fills an important niche in the IT service provision market. Following a TIPA assessment, companies gain the insight required to re-engineer and improve their IT service management processes, allowing them to reduce costs and become more efficient.
3. What is the scale of the adoption and effectiveness of TIPA for ITIL?
The effectiveness of TIPA can be evidenced by the following examples:
- By using TIPA, Dimension Data benchmarked and improved processes among their five global locations.
- To enhance brand image and customer satisfaction, Fujitsu Services in Finland regularly conducted multiple assessments for process improvement.
The numbers keep on multiplying! During 2012, numerous assessments were performed in different companies in North America by TIPA organizational members as an example. There are more than 100 professional members of TIPA registered as Assessors and Lead Assessors on the tipaonline website, and there are more than 10 organizational members who have integrated TIPA into their consulting portfolio.
4. Why should I recommend TIPA to the top management?
The benefits of using TIPA are as follows:
Benefits for consultants and organizations performing assessments:
- A competitive pricing structure that enables consultants and organizations to extract optimum benefits
- Offers a turnkey solution that uses an open assessment framework and supporting tools
- TIPA helps in determining organizational maturity
- Certification of process assessments are defined at ISO level
- Process assessment is one of the most suitable ways to improve service quality
- Offers an innovative standard for process-benchmarking without adopting a competitor framework
Benefits for organizations where assessments are performed:
- Offers structured, objective, and repeatable process measurements
- Improves both cross-functional and strategic/tactical/operational communications
- Obtain and maintain buy-in to critical IT transformation initiatives
- Identifies strengths, weaknesses, and process improvement areas
- Interview-based assessments engage employees in the improvement of the project
- Establishes the objectives for process improvement initiatives
- Monitors the progress and demonstrates the merits of improvement actions
- Enables process improvement through goal-setting and objective measurement leading to improvement of ROI on ITSM projects
- Standardization makes benchmarking possible
5. Does my organization get recognized if it has been assessed using TIPA?
Yes, the assessed organization receives recognition in the form of a certificate that articulates the process maturity level of the company.