TIPA uses an interview-based assessment methodology for the collection of indicators (both generic and specific to particular processes) as an effective and direct way to gather information concerning the process performance. The interviewees are the people in the organization who actually perform, manage, or use the process being assessed. They are interviewed in order to understand how the process is conducted in the organization and to determine the maturity level of this process.
Only certified individuals are authorized to lead or participate in assessments. Visit the Certification page for more information. The two formalized roles involved in a TIPA assessment project are:
TIPA Assessor for ITIL
The certified TIPA Assessor is an individual who conducts the assessment interviews and analyzes the results to draw conclusions on the assessed process maturity.
The objectives for the TIPA Assessor for ITIL are to:
- Conduct interviews and rate processes according to the TIPA rating scheme
- Analyze the process assessment results and draw conclusions about the process maturity
TIPA recommends that assessments be conducted by pairs of certified TIPA Assessors for ITIL. The assessment results are derived from the analysis of the findings of the interviews and they are formalized after both assessors have discussed them and reached a consensus. Certified Assessors are able to take part in a TIPA assessment project under the conduct of a Lead Assessor.
TIPA Lead Assessor
The certified TIPA Lead Assessor is the project manager of the TIPA assessment project. The Lead Assessor is also responsible for ensuring that the whole project is conducted according to the TIPA methodology (also ensuring conformity with requirements of the ISO/IEC 15504 standard).
The objectives for the certified TIPA Lead Assessor are to:
- Manage an assessment project from the selection of the processes to be assessed to the presentation of the assessment results
- Lead the assessment team and ensure that the assessment project results are produced according to plan
- Use the TIPA toolbox to run an assessment project
Visit our Certification page for more information about the roles, trainings and certification.